Biggest L&D Challenge for 2022

• Biggest L&D Challenge for 2022

Posted by Jorge Muract on 21/01/2022 at 15:16

What is your biggest L&D challenge for 2022 …? One of these maybe?

– Digital Transformation

– Change Management

– Demonstrating that your training actually works

– Using Data to Make Better L&D Decisions

– Company Culture

– Soft Skills & Emotional Intelligence

– The Hybrid Workplace

None of these things are easy, right. You might be surprised though to find that many colleagues are working on similar challenges to you. Is anyone prepared to share the number 1 challenge?

This paper might give you some inspiration …

https://whatfix.com/blog/learning-development-challenges/

Jorge Muract replied 2 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jorge Muract

Organizer
    21/01/2022 at 15:17

Great topic Andrew. In my view the number #1 topic is “Company Culture”. As Peter Drucker once said: “Every morning, Culture eats strategy for breakfast“.
    However, it´s quite difficult for me to separate the company culture from the Management because leaders are the main responsible for the mindset (and emotional tone) and the conversations within. For these challenges they will need soft skills, emotional intelligence and technicals competences.
    Happy 2022 to everyone!.

• Jorge Muract

Organizer
      21/01/2022 at 15:24

Here is your thought for today …. hire people with a hungry mind and they will create a stronger learning culture in your team and your organisation. A nice HBR article with some interesting links. My mind wandered off a little though … if you are not ‘curious’ yourself then how can you expect to develop curiosity in others or if you are a curious person … how do you go about role modelling that behaviour. #curiosity

• Jorge Muract

Organizer
    21/01/2022 at 15:17

👍 Totally agree Juan. That said, these developments are not easy. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has had success. I do have one further thought. We do tend to say that everything is down to the managers or leaders. This puts quite a weight on their shoulders. Maybe we could think more about how we can share this load. In other words, how we can use informal networks and influencers who are not necessarily actual leaders. This guy, Leandro Herrero, has a programme called viral change. Here is a clip in Spanish for you😀

https://youtu.be/3NweJE1Mfo0